Who we help

For Business

Temporary Business Visas

H-1B Nurses

H-1B Nurses


H-1B status may be available for registered nurse in a position that requires a four-year nursing degree. If the position requires a license, the nurse must be licensed or have completed all licensing requirements. Problems can arise if you inflate the job description to obtainH-1B status and then employ the H-1B worker as a registered nurse rather than in bona fide H-1B employment. Certain advanced practice nurses such as nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, certified registered nurse anesthetists, and certain RNs in supervisory or administrative positions may qualify for H-1B status, but DHS applies heightened scrutiny to H-1Bs for nurses.