Who we help

For Business

Temporary Business Visas

J Visa

J Visa

Work-and study-based exchange/trainee visitor programs

Your business can sponsor an employee, trainee, or student for this classification. There are more than 1,500 for-profit, non-profit, or federal, state, and local government entities that are approved to sponsor. To be eligible for designation as a program sponsor, an organization must demonstrate (1) its ability to comply and remain in continual compliance with all provisions of the Exchange Visitor Program regulations, (2) meet its financial obligations and responsibilities attendant to successful sponsorship of its exchange program, and (3)demonstrate that the organization or its proposed Responsible Officer has no fewer than three years’ experience in international exchange. Also, the organization must be fully prepared to begin the administration of the program upon designation.

Your employee, trainee, or student may study, teach, do research, share specialized skills, or receive on-the-job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years. The categories are: Professors/Research Scholars, Short-term Scholars, Trainees, Interns, College and University Students, Teachers, Secondary School Students, Specialists,Physicians, Camp Counselors, Au Pairs, Summer Work Travel Program, Government Visitors, and International Visitors.

Once you are a designated sponsor, you are authorized to issue a form DS-2019 to individuals as exchange visitors that you select. You give it to the individual, who can then apply online and be interviewed at a U.S. embassy or consulate for the J-1 Visa.