Who we help

For Individuals 

Temporary Work Visas

J Visa

J Visa

Work-and study-based exchange/trainee visitor programs

There are more than 1,500 for-profit, non-profit, or federal, state, and local government entities that can sponsor you as an exchange visitor. You may study, teach, do research, share specialized skills, or receive on-the-job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years. The categories are: Professors/Research Scholars, Short-term Scholars,Trainees, Interns, College and University Students, Teachers, Secondary School Students, Specialists, Physicians, Camp Counselors, Au Pairs, Summer WorkTravel Program, Government Visitors, and International Visitors.

Designated sponsors are authorized to issue form DS-2019 to individuals as exchange visitors they have selected for participation in an exchange visitor program. The information in this form is completed by the sponsor and then given to the individual, who can then apply online and be interviewed at a U.S. embassy or consulate for the J-1 visa.

Please note, some visas in the classification do not allow you to enter the U.S. or apply for a visa to the U.S. for two years after one of these programs. This includes applying for a green card through a spouse. There are waivers for the two-year requirement J-1 requirement, but they must be requested and approved before an application for a visa.