Who we help

For Individuals 

Temporary Work Visas

P Visa

P Visa

Athletes, Entertainment Groups, and Support Personnel

Generally, this classification allows you to work in the U.S. if you have earned international recognition to compete in an athletic event, either individually or as part of a team, or if you are an entertainment group who will perform in the U.S.

  • P-2 status is appropriate for reciprocal exchange entertainment groups
  • P-3 status is available for entertainment groups that provide culturally unique performances
  • P-1, P-2, and P-3 status is also available for essential support personnel accompanying the P principal to assist with athletic events or entertainment performances
  • P-4 stats is for spouses and dependent children of Ps but they are ineligible to apply for work authorization 

A P-1 petition on behalf of an individual athlete may be approved for up to five years; the athlete is eligible for another extension of five years, and there is a lifetime maximum of 10 years. P-1 petitions on behalf of athletic teams and entertainment groups, P-2 petitions, P-3 petitions, and petitions on behalf of essential support personnel may be approved for the time period necessary to complete the event or for one year, whichever is less. Extensions may be granted for longer-term events or performances. There is currently no annual limit on P visa numbers.