Who we help

For Business

Temporary Business Visas



Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)

Educational organizations and institutions, including private elementary and secondary Schools, public high schools, universities, colleges, technical and vocational schools, language programs, and more, can apply for SEVP approval to be certified to enroll F and M students.

This requires completing the Form I-17, "Petition for Approval of School forAttendance by Nonimmigrant Student." The requirements depend on what typeof educational organization or institution will be applying. But generally, the organization will have to designate a school official to oversee the program(many organizations have an international study office as well), have state recognition and exemption, and provide a program of study statement. Schools that are not accredited will be required to provide more information about their courses of study and instructors/teachers.

Both SEVP and the Department of State (DOS) use theStudent and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to track and monitor schools; exchange visitor programs; and F, M and J nonimmigrants while they visit the United States and participate in the U.S. education system. Educational organizations and institutions must register and participate in SEVIS in order to enroll students and issues the required I-20 form which is the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. This is the form the student will use to apply for his or her visa.